Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Drive to Valdez - Glaciers


We drove from Anchorage to Valdez today. The drive was interesting, as we drove through a series of glacial mountains. The photo above is of the Worthington Glacier, which had lots of blue ice. We could get pretty close to it, too. We could have gotten closer if we had a guide with us, but we were close enough for old people. 


Earlier we passed the Matanuska Glacier. We did not get as close to that one as we did to the Worthington. 


We passed a warning on the drive that moose could be crossing and almost immediately saw a cow crossing the road. I managed to catch her just as she finished crossing. I have been told by those who have lived here awhile that I will get to the point when I see a moose that I will simply say "ho hum another one." I may, but I think it will take seeing many more moose before that happens. 



3 comments:

  1. Great pics. And that husband of yours sure does photograph well! Wait - is that him in the last picture too?

    ReplyDelete