Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Dawson Creek

We reached Dawson Creek late this afternoon. We found the Mile 0 post in town and took photos of flat Michele and Melody and a selfie to record the event. We also visited the local museum, which had an interesting exhibit on the growth of canola farming on the prairie. We can attest that they are growing lots of canola. The museum also had information on the building of the Alcan. My sister reminded me recently that our Grandpa worked as a butcher on the highway build in the 1940s. So the exhibit was particularly pertinent for me. After we checked in at an RV park we walked over to the local pub and had a beer. Of course, we were both on our phones, as we found some wifi to use. Tomorrow we start the Alcan journey. 



1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that Grandpa worked on the Alcan highway. So I learned something new today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete