Monday, July 21, 2014

Creamer's Field

Today was a day to do laundry, grocery shop and visit a couple more quilt shops. After all this we visited Creamer's Field, where Sandhill cranes stop on their migratory path. We saw quite a few, but they were pretty far away-something we are beginning to recognize as the norm. I took a few photos with my new telephoto lens, but an iPhone will not work for distance, so I am posting a photo of one behind glass in the visitor center. I have a photo of the fields they frequent, too, but you won't see any cranes in that photo. A couple of them flew over my head, but I did not have a camera ready. 

Professional photographers must be very patient! 

1 comment:

  1. What, no REAL photo???? We have a lot of these in Mississippi too. My cousin's husband worked at the Sandhill preserve there.

    ReplyDelete