Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Winnipeg and Bits and Pieces.


We stopped again in Winnipeg after our Churchill trip. We wanted to visit Folklorama. We managed two stops - Serbia and Ethiopia. They were both very interesting, although the VIP crowd at Serbia was particularly annoying. They talked through the performances! 


The Ethiopian pavilion dancers were exceptional and the food intriguing. 
They performed dances from different areas of Ethiopia. Each tribe has a unique perspective! 


After Winnipeg we headed to my high school reunion. I had a nice time, stayed with my good friend Bonnie, and especially enjoyed seeing some of my old teachers! It was funny to realize that they were not all that much older than I am. 


This is me with my senior English teacher, Mr. Anderson. And here is one of the group photos of the class. 


I even got to visit with Bonnie's mom, who was one of my teachers, too. And with my friend Paula's mom, who at 101, is still going strong and is as sharp as a tack! 


1 comment: