Wednesday, December 30, 2015

London - Tuesday


Tuesday morning we started out early to visit Westminster Abby before the crowds got too large. I kept singing "England Swings" as we headed out. I couldn't get it out of my head. "Westminster Abby, the Tower of Big Ben, the rosy red cheeks of the little children." Big Ben was impressive, as was the Abby.  I couldn't take photos inside, so had to settle for a few outside photos. 





The Abby visit wore out the girls, so they headed back to rest and Mike and I took a bus to find Liberty London, which has some of the nicest tana cotton fabric. As a quilter, I needed to visit and buy some fabric. The store did not disappoint. 


Last night we went to see a musical. We chose Wonder.land, a musical inspired by "Alice in Wonderland" and the new world of electronic devices, social media and games. It was an interesting take on today's teenagers and the things they have to cope with now. We had a great time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment