Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Colorado Has Breweries

We spent a day in Aurora at the Buckley Air Force Fam Camp. We woke up to a beautiful sunrise. 


We went looking for a quilt shop I wanted to visit, but it was closed. We did the next best thing. We found a highly recommended microbrewery and visited it instead. The Dry Dock had some cool beers! My favorite was their Amber. 


Tuesday morning we headed to Fort Collins, as I wanted to see where one of my favorite beers (Fat Tire) is brewed. The New Belgian Brewery is a hugely popular destination! We couldn't book a guided tour as they are filled through August. We did a self guided tour and tasted beer! And I saw the original drawing of the label! 




We bought some beer to take with us. 

Tuesday evening we went to celebrate the retirement of Mike's previous boss, Dan Gibson. It was held at another microbrewery, Fate Brewing, in Boulder. 



From what I understand, we have only touched the surface when it comes to Colorado breweries. 

We took a late evening walk on Pearl Street, which I remembered from previous visits as funky and fun. It rained on us, so we ducked into a restaurant called Riffs. It was a fortunate find - small plates of great food.  


Pearl Street itself was otherwise a disappointment. It has been gentrified too much, although some of the street performers still looked a bit as remembered. 
 

2 comments: