Monday, April 20, 2015

Super Quilt Seminar in Delaware


The photo is of me with Ricky Tims at the Ricky Tims Super Quilt Seminar I attended this last week end. The beautiful quilts in the background are his quilts. He is extremely talented and a great teacher! He is also a terrific musician and performed on Friday evening for all the attendees and guests. My spouse loved the concert! 

Ricky's co-presenter was Alex Anderson! Her book on starting to quilt was my first quilting book. I look at it when I need to review how to do things correctly. The photo below is one I managed to get with her. 


Mike took me to the seminar and then went off on his own to visit a car museum. On the first evening I met him in the bar after class. He and Al, a man sitting at the bar, were having a great old time. Diane, Al's wife, came over right after I got there. She is a terrific quilter with her own quilting book coming out soon. She and I sat together the next couple of days. She was not the only quilter I met. I kept telling her she looked like Alex Anderson. Here is a photo of them. Judge for yourself. 


I learned all kinds of techniques and was able to see both Ricky's and Alex's quilts up close. What a treat! The photo immediately below is Alex's quilt and the other is one of Ricky's photo quilts. Just wow! 




Here is a close up of the center of his award winning Rhapsody quilt. I think it will be a long time before I reach this level. Ricky says we can all do this. Right?!!! 


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for new gifts showcasing your new skills, heh heh

    ReplyDelete